Pencarrow Set for Karaka 2011
08 January 2011
- Lot 52, the colt by Darci Brahma from one of the most distinguished families in the world being out of the Sadler’s Wells mare Silver and Roses, a daughter of the multiple Group 1 performer Blush with Pride and a sister to Maryinsky, the dam of Group 1 winners Peeping Fawn and Thewayyouare.
- Lot 152, the colt by New Zealand’s champion sire Zabeel from Affirmed Lane (Affirmed), the dam of the multiple Group 1 placed J’Adane.
- Lot 233, the colt by O’Reilly from the Danehill mare Chimeara, the dam of the Group 1 winner De Beers, and a sister to Viking Ruler, Kempinsky and Diamond Like.
- Lot 346, the Pins colt from the Group 1 Australasian Oaks winning Zabeel mare Grand Echezeaux, a half-brother to multiple Group 1 winner and sire Darci Brahma.
- Lot 469, the colt by Zabeel from the Sadler’s Wells mare Oh So Precious, a sister to the stakes winner Juliette and the dam of the three time winner Rock of Solitude.
Pencarrow's draft of 22 colts includes yearlings by such sires as Casino Prince, Commands, Choisir, Darci Brahma, Flying Spur, Holy Roman Emporer, Lucky Unicorn, O'Reilly, Pins, Pentire, Zabeel and more.
In 2010 the Pencarrow Stud draft provided the second highest priced lot in the Sale, the $1.3 million colt by Redoute’s Choice from Grand Echezeaux, bought by leading New Zealand buyer David Ellis.
To view Pencarrow Stud’s 2011 Premier & Select Sale drafts please follow the links to the New Zealand Bloodstock website or visit www.pencarrowstud.co.nz. The online clips can be viewed on your PC and also via iPhone and iPad.