Pencarrow to Offer Quality Draft at NZB May Sale
19 April 2011
Pencarrow Stud will be offering a quality draft of broodmares at New Zealand Bloodstock’s 2011 National Weanling, Broodmare & Mixed Bloodstock Sale, with 13 entries set to go under the hammer.
With a strong broodmare band at Pencarrow Stud, the mares that are being offered come from performing families and offer prospective buyers attractive breeding opportunities.
With a number of mares served by first season sires, Road to Rock is one of the best credentialed sons of the Champion Sire Encosta de Lago to retire to stud. His wins in the Group 1 George Main Stakes and Group 1 Queen Elizabeth Stakes were first class and he is an exciting young sire. Pencarrow will be selling five mares that have been served by Road to Rock including:
• Lot 430, the Red Ransom mare Ruby Rouge, a half-sister to the Group 3 winner Zino Belle (Success Express) and a daughter of the Group 2 placed Christina Belle, the same family as Winning Belle (Zabeel) and Our Ella Belle (Encosta de Lago).
• Lot 498, the No Excuse Needed mare Ventanas, a daughter of the Group 1 winning USA bred mare Twafeaj (Topsider), a half-sister to the stakes placed Elzaeem (Secreto).
• Lot 501, the Keeper mare Voliera, a winner over a mile, and a half-sister to the stakes placed Sierra Dane (Danehill) from Sierra Finch (Diesis), the family of the NZ 2005-06 Champion 2YO filly Chant (Traditionally).
Pencarrow bred, raised and sold, Darci Brahma has begun his stud career in fine fashion with some talented progeny on the track, including his stakes winning son Darci Be Good, and Group 1 placed son Chateauneuf Dupape.
Among the draft include the mare at Lot 644, Latino L’Amour, served by Darci Brahma. She is by Diesis from Nuit Chaud (Woodman), a half-sister to the dam of the Group 1 winner and sire Danehill Dancer (Danehill).
Alamosa was a very talented racehorse and was a Group 1 winning two-year-old, a dual Group 1 winning Champion NZ Three-Year-Old, and an Australian Group 1 winning four-year-old. He, like Road to Rock, will see his first progeny go through the ring in the 2011 May Sale and has served two mares in the Pencarrow draft:
• Lot 533, the Canny Lad mare Benazuza from the Group 2 placed Zabeel mare El Bulli, the same family as Might and Power (Zabeel) and Lucky Owners (Danehill).
• Lot 606, the Keeper mare Garder L’Amour from Latino L’Amour (Diesis), a winner over 1200m she is a three-quarter-sister to the stakes winner Swordsmith (Diesis) and from the family of the Group 1 winner and sire Danehill Dancer (Danehill).
Other broodmare entries of note in the Pencarrow draft include:
• Lot 509, the un-named Johar filly, a half-sister to the Group 3 placed Tchaikovsky - Byron (Tale of the Cat) from the USA bred Nureyev mare Zorina, a half-sister to the Group 3 winner Northern Premier (Northern Bay).• Lot 514, the Spartacus mare Alentejo from the Tale of the Cat mare Virtus, a winner over 1200m and a half-sister to the triple Group 1 winner Star Dancer (Star Watch). She has been served by the July Cup winner and 2007 Champion 3YO English Sprinter Sakhee’s Secret.
To view the Pencarrow Stud draft for the 2011 National Weanling, Broodmare & Mixed Bloodstock Sale, click here.