Bespoke Pencarrow Offering in Annual Online Reduction
09 June 2022
As part of Pencarrow Stud’s annual stock reduction, another seven quality broodmares are currently entered in gavelhouse.com’s most recent fortnightly auction.
“We are obviously racing and retaining fillies and therefore need to continuously be mindful of our numbers and offer some stock to market,” said stud manager Leon Casey.
“Since the start of this year we have sold all 10 of the mares we’ve listed for pleasing prices.
“We expect the latest draft to sell well come Monday night as they represent some of our best families and have been well-mated.”
Each Lot has comprehensive descriptions and photo studies on their listing pages, taken by Angelique Bridson, with a brief rundown on each below:
- Badea (NZ) (Darci Brahma) – a winner over 1200m and 1600m, she is from the three-win Giant’s Causeway mare Barabadine (USA) who is also the dam of Group Two Eulogy Stakes winner Lilikoi (NZ). Offered in foal to Yulong’s Group One Phoenix Stakes winner Lucky Vega, her second dam Damson was champion juvenile filly in Ireland and winner of the Grroup One Phoenix Stakes while also joint champion juvenile filly in Britain.
Badea (NZ) (Darci Brahma)
- Fond du Coeur (IRE) (Fastnet Rock) - this young mare hails from a European family laden with black-type, featuring Group One winners Pride (FR), Speciosa (IRE) and Zellie (FR). She has produced three foals to date by Churchill, U S Navy Flag and Eminent and is in foal to Vadamos.
- Mirazur (NZ) (Darci Brahma) – a young, winning mare offered in foal to Eminent, each dam on her page is a stakes-winner with dam-sires including O’Reilly, Housebuster and Sir Tristram.
- Pinolino (NZ) (Pins) – a descendant of one of Pencarrow’s most prolific families, her first foal to race is a winner this season. Offered in foal to Reliable Man.
- Posavina (NZ) (Tiger Hill) – a Group winner herself, she is the dam of five-time winner and stakes performer Podravina (NZ) and is offered in foal to Almanzor, sire of this year’s Karaka Million winner Dynastic (NZ).
- Star Jasmine (NZ) (Encosta de Lago) - from the imported juvenile winner in Ireland Desert Lily (USA), a daughter of Green Desert (USA), her grand-dam is none other than Habibti (IRE). She has produced four winners to date including two-time Group placed mare Zasorceress (NZ) and is in foal to Eminent.
- Surtout (NZ) Cape Blanco) – a half to two Group winners and Group One performers in Supera (NZ) and Eleonora (NZ), their second dam is champion mare Ethereal (NZ) and she is offered in foal to Super Seth (NZ).
Surtout (NZ) (Cape Blanco)
Other covering sires featured in the 60 Lot auction include Ardrossan, Embellish, King of Comedy, Sweynesse, Time Test, War Decree and Wrote.
Bidding will end from 7pm (NZT) on Monday 13 June.